The Geraldton Airport is owned and operated by the City of Greater Geraldton and is situated approximately 10km east of Geraldton on the Geraldton-Mt Magnet Road.
In addition to daily flight services to Perth, Geraldton Airport also caters for General Aviation Charter flights, Royal Flying Doctor Services, RAAF deployments, and fly in fly out mining services to Regional Western Australia.
Historically a first for Australian Aviation, the first Commercial Air Service in Australia, West Australian Airways Ltd operated by the late Sir Norman Brearley, departed Geraldton Airport on 5 December 1921 providing a mail service through to Derby in the North.
Geraldton Airport was also the home of RAAF No. 4 Service Flying Training School between the years of 1941 and 1945.